Sunday, July 31, 2011

We Need a House, and...

I found it! I found the house I want to buy right this second. It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath single family home with a 1 car garage and a gorgeous yard in a great neighborhood. It has a finished basement with a mini-kitchen, a full bathroom, and a laundry room with storage. The main bathroom is really nice and is a gorgeous color. The only thing I'd want to do is make the dining room and kitchen hardwood which my dad could help me with really easily. It's a little bit more than we wanted to pay, but well under what I think we're qualified for, so I think we could make it work. Especially if I get a promotion which I'm eligible for in October. I love that it has a formal living room and a family room, and a great backyard for the kids. Oh! And it has a fantastic deck. And I would love to have a garage! I sent something to our real estate agent so I'm hoping to hear from her about a showing. I need to get pre-qualified, however, and find out exactly what price range we should be looking in.

I'm already decorating the nursery in my head, which I know isn't a great idea since we haven't even looked at the house and it will likely come off the market soon. But it would still be amazing. I would love to have room for a guest room and a nursery and Andy liked it, too.

As far as the pregnancy is concerned, well.. it's interesting! I haven't been feeling as sick this weekend, but I've been sleeping in pretty well. I'm still queasy in the mornings, but I haven't had a day like last Monday. I'm also having trouble getting comfortable already. My uterus feels strange. It doesn't "hurt" but it feels heavy, and it's already getting uncomfortable to sleep in certain positions, so I'm going to get a good pregnancy pillow soon. I'm still nervous about the baby's heartbeat, and every time I don't feel as sick I get upset thinking something is wrong. It's like I  get excited when I dry heave these days. Which still happens every day. I'm just counting the days until my next ultrasound. I want to see my little one and know it's OK!

In other interesting news, one of my best friends found out yesterday that she's pregnant! They'd been trying for about 14 months, and were about to start pursuing testing and treatment. She's 3.5 weeks behind me so our due dates are 5 weeks apart! It's crazy! But super exciting that we'll be going through the same things at right around the same time!

I'm still holding off on buying things but I think after the next ultrasound I'm going to need some maternity pants and that pillow. I already have an odd shape where my waist is bigger than my hips, so my pants fall down a lot, and some of my old pants are already uncomfortable. I know 9 weeks is early for maternity pants, but I'd really like to have comfortable pants, even if it is just bloat (which I hope because I swear I'm not eating as much as I did!!!).  I can't believe how fast things are going... that I'll be 8 weeks on Thursday. I just hope and pray everything is going well in there. I definitely feel like my uterus is growing. I felt a lot of stretching by my ovaries yesterday, so I think everything is rearranging, which is neat. It's definitely a weird pressure feeling in my ute though. I guess that means baby is getting bigger! I hope so anyway. I'm incredibly thankful to be going through this experience. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment