Friday, July 29, 2011

More Worries

Despite the new parts my baby has as of yesterday, I'm nervous. I wish that little heartbeat could have been just 3 beats higher. I read a study that from 6.3-7 weeks, a heartbeat of 110-119 was "borderline" and has a higher chance of miscarriage. It's weird because I read in plenty of places that 110+ is OK for right now, or that the heartbeat should go from 103-126 during this week. At the "normal" rate my baby would've been at 123 by the end of the week which is almost exactly on track. But I'm scared. I love this little thing so much. I called my nurse yesterday and told her what I'd read and that I was so scared because I wanted things to work out so badly. She told me to be careful what I read, and said that the ultrasound was perfect. She said the baby is measuring exactly on track and there's no reason to worry. I appreciate hearing that, but I want an ultrasound NOW, not the Tuesday after next. I want to know that its little heart is beating faster now as it should be.

Despite the doctor and nurse telling me everything was fine, I just can't shake the worry. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week and a half. Lots of prayer I suppose.

If you're listening, little one, we love you so, SO much. Please stay strong and healthy. We know you can do it. You're such a strong baby and we know you can keep growing for us. We love you so much.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment and virtual hug--I really appreciate it! I'm sorry you're worried/nervous, though I think it's very understandable. I'm sure your doctor and nurse are right--that everything is fine--but I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this next week and a half flies by for you. (Keep growing, chicky! You can do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is very hard, but try not to worry. Seeing that little heart beat pumping away is a huge and fantastic step. You just have to trust that your little chicky is growing just like it should be. Sending grow baby, grow vibes to your LO! :)

    ReplyDelete