Thursday, July 21, 2011

That Did Not Just Happen!

So I'm standing outside of a meeting room at work talking with co-workers. One of them is the one co-worker who is also a friend, and she knows I'm pregnant. The ONLY person I've told here. A former boss walks up, rubs my belly, and says "are you!?". Are you kidding me!? Thoughts that run through my head:

1) Did someone tell? No. There's no way.
2) WTF do I say?
3) I guess I shouldn't wear this shirt anymore.
4) Is she freaking psychic?

So I stood there with wide eyes and stared at her, stuttering before saying "SHHHH!! Yes, but only 6 weeks so PLEASE don't tell." What else could I say? It was obvious she'd caught me by the deer in headlights look. It turns out she did  the same thing to co-worker when she was about 13 weeks and didn't look pregnant at all.

The thing is, I look the same. This has never happened to me before. So is she psychcic or am I in denial!?

My first belly rub at 6 weeks? OMG. I'm mortified. And at this rate I'm going to have to come out earlier than I wanted. Am I bloated?? My pants still fit. What is going on here?

2 comments:

  1. That is so bizarre!! Don't be mortified. I'm sure it's not you. She might just be a (very insensitive and non-discreet) psychic person. Even if you had told the world though, the thing that really freaks me out is the unsolicited belly rub! Now *that* is weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I told my mom and she freaked out and said "Dont let anyone touch you!" and I was like "I don't want to but I was in shock at the time!" It's crazy what people think is OK.

    ReplyDelete