Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello

Welcome to morning sickness!

I woke up in the middle of the night - 4am - sweating and feeling like I was about to turn our bed into a vomit-filled nightmare for Andy. I got up and ran to the bathroom where I sat for about 10 minutes until it finally subsided and I was able to get back to sleep. It happened again a bit later, but not as severe, and I was able to get back to sleep in a few minutes. And then once more when I woke up for the day, but it only lasted a moment. I called my mom to find out if she'd gotten sick since we'd eaten the same pizza for dinner, and her response was "Welcome to morning sickness".

But there's good news (coming after this next sentence that certainly is NOT good news). My ankles have been swollen. You know that phrase "cankles"? So like.. you can't tell the difference between calf and ankle? Well.. my ankles were bigger than where my foot meets my leg! Ugh. The swelling has gone down dramatically though. This isn't a pregnant thing. It's a "my kidneys hate me" thing, and it happens for a few days every few months. Especially when I eat 18 inches of cheese steak in a few days. I couldn't help it... I wish I'd never learned how delicious Subway cheesesteaks are!!!!

I'm still trying to find ways to get through the next 9 days before my ultrasound. I wish I could've kept the Friday appointment. I can't wait to see chicky on the big screen!! So far I feel pretty good though, and I haven't had any more blood (thank you God!) but I keep checking every time I pee. I feel like time is going incredibly slowly and I want it to be 8 months from now and chicky to be here in my arms and healthy. I just want to see that beautiful heartbeat and those little limb buds. On thursday chicky will be the size of a pea! It's growing so fast.

I still can't believe I'm here. It's so weird to not feel anything. I mean I have symptoms, but it's weird to know someone is growing in my uterus and I can't feel him or her there. I can't wait until I can. I'm so in love.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the morning sickness ;) You're going to be a mommy!! I know it's ridiculous, but I really hope I have symptoms if/when I get pregnant. (Thank you IF for making me even crazier than usual lol) Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm still working on that be-positive-but-realistic balance...Oh, and definitely go see this HP in the theater! It was amazing =) Say hi to chicky for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What worked for me was pepcid/zantac. I have acid reflux issues prior to pregnancy so I needed it even more during. If you are concerned about those meds then try tums.
    -WindDrop

    ReplyDelete