Sunday, July 10, 2011

Things I Didn't Know When I Woke Up Yesterday

According to my ER date, I'm currently 4weeks and 3 days pregnant. It's weird to say that, and Andy and I decided this morning that it definitely hasn't set in. I'm really excited, but I'm nervous for my betas and ultrasound. I'm comforted by how quickly my test turned positive, and how clear the line is, but I'll feel better after Tuesday. I wish I could move up the beta, but I don't know that they'll do it, so I should probably just wait. Everyone kept telling me that I'd go from one thing to worry about to another, and I knew it would be true. It's me after all, and worrying is what I do best.

We told our families yesterday. They knew about us doing IVF so we couldn't just.. not say anything. My mom cried. Andy's mom cried and hung up on us lol. She said she was speechless and had to call us back. It was so cute. Then we went to dinner with my family and told my brother and SIL since they also knew about the IVF. We're trying not to tell anyone else until after the ultrasound, and then only our very closest friends. I will be telling my best friend since birth since the first beta is on her birthday.

It is funny just how quickly things change, though. When we went to Walmart last night I was standing there looking at formula, pacifiers, toys, diapers, bottles... all sorts of things, and I realized we need so much stuff! I absolutely cannot wait to start buying things. I think after we see the heartbeat I'll purchase a few things.

What's getting me right now is that there is a human being growing in my body. An actual person! And I can't feel any of it lol. I get a little crampy here and there.. just like "something" is going on. But you'd think you'd feel more of growing a person.

Time is currently moving as slowly as time can possibly move. I want to know that chicky is implanted well and in the right spot and growing as it should. We have tons of faith in chicky, but it helps to have actual evidence. I hope and pray chicky is with us for the long haul. We love you little one!!

1 comment:

  1. Sending HUGE prayers that chicky gives you an amazing beta on Tuesday wordsy!!
    -ocw2010/Diane

    ReplyDelete