Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stress!!! And Then Not Stress (As Much)

Well it's been an interesting, gut-wrenching day today. I was already nervous about my beta, which I had drawn at 7:15 this morning. I then went to work and put in my endometrin. This is about to get TMI.

So I pulled out the applicator and there was nothing on it, like usual. But then when I wiped I thought I saw pink. I wasn't sure, so I went back a few minutes later and there it was. Pink CM. And it happened the next time too. There's not much of it at all, but it's still a scary feeling, so I called pretty much everyone. My mom told me to call my OB, so I did. They said to call them if it gets worse. So I called my nurse. She said it's common, and can be from the endometrin.

I calmed down a bit when I realized that (again, TMI) there was a ton of CM when I first wiped with no pink, and there was none on the applicator. So if there was none on something that goes right up there, then there was some on the TP, the logical deduction is that it was from the endometrin. I'm hoping. And for now it's gone.

And then I had the nurse call Andy with the beta. I wanted to get it second hand if it was bad. It wasn't bad. As a matter of fact, it was really, really good. Beta #1 = 892!!!!! She told Andy she'd wanted to see over 100, and 892 was a "fabulous" number. So apparently this baby is trying its best to stick around. I prayed and thanked God for this number. My dad (who was a microbiologist until retirement) said it's very unlikely to be a chemical with a number like that. Of course we want to see it double on Thursday, but for now I'm very happy with the first number and I hope it means chicky is trying to stay around for the long haul.

I'm down to twice a day on the endometrin which is awesome 'cause that stuff is... well.. not pleasant (though I'll do anything to keep my baby safe!). I just got a voicemail, too, from my nurse that says she understands that we're nervous, but as of today everything looks "Excellent". So YAY for chicky!!! WE LOVE YOU LITTLE ONE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! YAY CHICKY!!!! Excuse the caps, but they're REALLY necessary =) 892??!! That's inSANE! I'm so glad. *Huge* Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for baby Chicky!!! I am so happy for you guys! Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete