Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Body Parts!

Today has been a mostly nausea-free day! I'm amazed. I think the keys for me are getting a lot of sleep and not moving around too much. The closest I came to vomiting today was when I bent down to pet my cat. OK that was actually REALLY close, but I haven't felt too terrible since. Of course in my head this means something is wrong, but I'm trying to ignore the asshole voice. I've somehow managed to gain 7 pounds. I don't understand this because even my husband will tell you I've been eating less. Perhaps it's because I've been drinking a lot of drinks with calories to get my nutrition in and because they help most with morning sickness? Maybe it's just water since I ate chinese food yesterday. Either way, my pants are uncomfortable and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be buying maternity pants after my next ultrasound.

In other news, my baby has kidneys! And it's the size of a blueberry. I can't believe I'm 7 weeks now. I'm just hoping and praying things continue to go well and this baby keeps growing  and being the little love of my life. Every day that goes by I thank God for this miracle. And every day it feels like more of a miracle when I read about all the amazing things my baby is doing in there. It's developing hands and feet now, and there's a chance we could see movement at the next ultrasound!

We're starting a "things to do before the baby comes" spreadsheet now that things are feeling a little more real. 5 or 6 more weeks and I'll start to feel like I can buy some things and really plan. For now I'm taking each day as it comes and being thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment