Friday, July 15, 2011

Mindless Rambling

It's Friday!! Yay!

Sci-Fi is doing a disaster movie marathon tomorrow for some stupid reason, so I have made alternate plans (isn't Sci-Fi supposed to be aliens and weird scientific experiments gone wrong resulting in AWESOME marine creatures?!). My mom's having a yard sale, and I've been complaining for about 40 years about having too much "stuff" so tonight I'm going through all my crap and I'm going to try to get rid of some of it. If we make some money we'll stick it into our savings account, which now reads "$50". I suppose it's to be expected after 2 rounds of IVF, but dammit, I want more in there (and if we ever get charged for freezing, I'll know how much I can put in there from checking). We're also going to the Goodwill so I can drop some things off and look for anything I might be able to use for the baby.

I can't tell you how ready I am to buy a new house and set up a nursery. Our guest room is currently filled with a ton of crap that needs to have its own place. I think we'll burst out of doors and windows if we don't buy something before it's nursery time. As it stands, I want to start buying a few things and I don't have anywhere to put any of it. I'm wondering how much I'm actually going to end up clearing out tonight, 'cause knowing me it won't be much. But a girl can try, right?

Tonight Andy and I are going to the Cheesecake Factory and I'm so excited to get to have dinner with him. I'm using an hour of leave, and he was not happy about it, but I told myself I'm not going to use my accrued leave, but I'll use comp time for time I need off, and this is comp, so... there. i'll be earning a bit more in August and September, but they've cut our comp time down so much.

So let's see...  updates. I still haven't had more spotting, which I'm so thankful for. I'm mildly crampy, and apparently the baby is the size of an appleseed, so it's big enough to see with the naked eye now. I have an ultrasound coming up, but I think I'm going to have to push it back to the week after next. I'm not excited about waiting a week and a half for my next baby status update but by then it should definitely be enough time to see the heartbeat. I'll be 6 weeks 5 days.  Plus Andy will get to come and he deserves the chance to see the baby too! I'm starting to really think it's a boy, and I'm happy my due date is march, so that by the time it's not in sleepers 24/7, it'll be warm enough for cute little rompers which I love!

So the upcoming agenda for me is packed full of.. well, stuff. This weekend is pretty tame. Next weekend I'm going to Philly and have a bridal shower. then the ultrasound. Then I'm going to a famiy fish fry in Virginia. Then we have people coming down from out of town. September's even crazier and Andy has something EVERY weekend since his best friend's getting married. We've got so much to do. But at least I'll get a lot of Fallout time in while he's gone. And we should probably start looking at houses, too.

It's going to be Christmas before I know it. Holy. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment