Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer tiiiiiiiiiiime... and the living is easy. Sort of.

Cycle #2 is officially paid for. The deposit is in, meds are paid for, and the only thing I'm still waiting on is the lupron trigger. It feels so good to have it all done and to know we had the money and we're OK to start! And it's nice going in for appointment after appointment and not having to pay for anything! I'm so excited that one week from today is my last BCP and I start injections next Friday!! My baseline is on Wednesday next week and I'm going to wear my amazing lucky socks. I'm not sure which ones yet, but I'll figure it out that day. I also called the nurse to ask her why the protocol didn't change, and voiced my concerns that 22 antral follicles --> 12 follicles --> 5 eggs is not at all ideal, and I'd like more. And that the uneven sizes were a concern for me, and I wanted to know why we wouldn't change things given how last cycle turned out. So we'll see what she says.

I've been feeling a little down lately because I feel like of all the people that have done IVF in the last month or so, all but like.. 3 of us have gotten BFPs. And I know sometimes it's luck of the draw, but it still makes me nervous that it means something is wrong with me. Although one of those BFPs was on her third cycle, so I know sometimes it just happens that way. It just sucks that if this cycle were to not work (which is not an option) we wouldn't be able to start again for 2 or 3 months. But it's OK, because it's going to work. We know what to expect now and I'm pushing for a day 5 transfer so we have the best chance of picking out the best embie. Plus, I'm less stressed out, and I'm not doing stairs for any reason at all the day after transfer. I wondered about it when I did it. I couldn't sleep that night so I went upstairs to bed. And I didn't think it would be a big deal, and it probably wasn't, but no stairs this time.

I'm still having trouble figuring out when I can get to the beach for a few days. I really want to go before I know the results of this cycle, which might leave July 4th weekend. I suppose we could go Saturday afternoon and come back Monday morning. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of leave time, so it might actually work better that way. I wouldn't have to use any leave since we have off that Monday. Andy would have to take off, but he could make up a few hours throughout the week. Of course his latest car debacle isn't doing us any favors. Apparently the alternator is bad, and it drained the battery trying to start. Plus his check engine light is on and he needs new brakes. So we have to pay for an alternator, a battery, brakes, and whatever is causing the check engine light (thought I hope it's the alternator!). And I need new tires.

Money is a pain in the butt, and so are cars. But at least we got a credit last week on our deposit, so we have $800 more than we would. Trying to look on the bright side of things for now. We can afford to fix these issues, which isn't something we could have said a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment