Saturday, May 21, 2011

Round 2

I'm having a little bit of a freak-out today. I got paperwork from my RE from when they thought we were doing a frozen transfer that said it was $4000 and due 10 days before the cycle start. Our old paperwork said it was a $500 deposit, and we'd planned on using that and paying as we went if we had to. This is a ways off because we have a fresh cycle to do and it's going to work! But I think if it doesn't we'll have to take a 3 month break and pay off some credit cards and loans before we do the FET. It would give me time to lose some weight, too, and that would be good. I'm hoping we don't have to get to that point because this fresh cycle works, but getting that paper in the mail freaked me out.

We did finally talk to the RE about our plans. She was pushing for the FET, but when Andy told her our insurance didn't cover it she agreed to do the fresh as long as I was willing to deal with it again, which I am. She said she absolutely refused to put in more than one embryo, so I'm going to push for a 5 day transfer when we see her on the tenth for our WTF. They told me last time that a good embryo is going to make it in the dish or in my ute, and a bad one won't. So if we have more than 1 embryo (please, God, give us more than 1) I want to push for a 5 day. If neither of them make it, they wouldn't have made it in my body either, but it'll make sure we have the chance to pick out the best embryo we have. I don't know how she'll feel about that but I hope she agrees.

She's not changing my protocol. I was concerned at first, but I think it's because with so many antral follicles, the chance is still there for OHSS. She said she would change up some of the meds. I haven't gotten my calendar yet, but my guess is she is going to start the medication lower so it takes longer and we can hopefully stimulate more follies rather than 2 or 3 sucking up all the meds and getting to 16mm in 3 days.

I'm really excited for this cycle, and I've actually got time off again already. I'm hoping at least 1 of the 3 days I need falls on a weekend. I have high hopes for this. We learned so much from the last cycle and I feel like we both have a better handle on what to expect, and the doctor does as well. I hope we get 5 day blasts and put back a perfect, sticky baby. I know this can work. We're ready for it and want it so much. No more FET thoughts. This is it. This is our cycle. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment