Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blood Where Blood Should Not Be

If the title wasn't an indication, there's a good chance this post is going to be way too much info for folks. So I understand if you skip it.

Implantation bleeding. Everyone that has ever tried to conceive knows all about implantation bleeding. You see it everywhere, but google insists that most women don't get it. I have a confession. Ever since we started trying, I've been looking for the mysterious "IB". I've never seen it, or anything closely resembling it. Actually I've only ever spotted mid-cycle twice, and it was within a day before or after O. Well that little piece of info is no longer true. So here's where it gets really gross. You've been warned.

I am on endometrin, a progesterone suppository. I've been on it about a week with no issues but some occasional cramping when I put it in. Last night after I put it in, I noticed on the applicator (yes, I looked, I'm gross) a tiny streak of blood. It was small, but it was definitely there, and it was definitely blood. 3dp3dt, the day implantation is supposed to potentially start. I happen to know, since we did IVF, that our little guy was growing a little ahead of schedule, and the other one, who was doing the same, got frozen a day early because it was a good blast and ready to hatch on Sunday. If this one was still growing like that one, there's no reason to think it couldn't have start to implant last night.

So what does this mean? Well, for now, nothing. Although I haven't had any issues with the endometrin, it could be from that. I don't think it could be the beginning of AF since I'm only the equivalent of 7dpo, but anything's possible. So my plan is to be excited, but not get so excited I'll never recover if it doesn't turn out like I hope. The embryo chart by day says 5dp3dt implantation begins, but who knows. It was late on 3dp3dt with a fast growing embryo.

I  never would've noticed the blood without the endometrin, so who knows. But I'm going to take it as a good sign, and keep hoping and praying my little one is snuggling in.

Update: Sensitive lady bits also cause blood. but I'm still hopeful, dagnabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment