Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy First BCP Day To Me!

That's to the tune of "Happy Birthday", so I've had my little made-up IVF song stuck in my head for 2 days now... you know, since "birth control pill" starts with "birth" and so does "birthday"? Yeah? Get it? Ok.

So today is Wednesday, meaning there are only two work days left this week. I got some GREAT news this morning. My boss miscalculated my sick leave, so instead of having 2 hours of sick, I have 8! So I'll have enough to take the necessary time off for IVF #2. YAY! By the way, I hate writing "IVF #2". I feel like I should have only needed 1, dammit. At the same time, I'm ridiculously hopeful about this cycle, keeping my promise to myself and hubs that I wouldn't lose hope if the first one didn't work.

I asked my nurse to have the RE call Andy yesterday, but she didn't call, so I hope I can get a hold of her. I need her to know we're planning on going forward with a fresh cycle! And I keep teetering back and forth between transferring 1 or 2. If we get blasts, that is. day 3s I'm pushing for 2, no questions asked. I really don't want to risk twins. But I do want the best chance of pregnancy possible. I don't know how my RE's SET rate is higher than the 2blast rate. You'd think 2 had a better implantation chance than 1? The only thing I can think is they only transfer absolutely perfect embryos singly, so the 2blasts must have some B and C qualities while the SET doesn't.

Whatever we choose, I'm PSYCHED. If the timeline goes anything like it did last time (and it should, except hopefully a few more days of stims) my ET should be June 29th or so (5 day). If that happens, I will have a very boring July 4th, but that's so OK with me.

I'm happy to be moving on, happy to have a gorgeous blast on ice, and ready to get this started. I'm so hopeful and I'm just ready to be pregnant. Now I just need to slow down my thoughts. I have 3 more weeks of BCPs to get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment