Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hope?

I'm starting to feel a little, and I don't know if that's a good thing. My coworker (who returned from maternity leave yesterday) says she bets I'm pregnant. I think she thinks this because everything I describe is exactly what happened to her. She conceived on her honeymoon and had a - test two weeks later, but then a few days after she got a +. She had awful cramps and bleeding, too. She keeps telling me not to give up, and I looked up on FF charts of people who had a - before a + and had a late +. There were hundreds and hundreds of them, many of whom had negatives way past 13dpo.

I called my nurse because the cramps hurt so much. She said it could be my ovaries shrinking back down or it could be implantation. Er... I'm 12 days past a 3 day transfer lol. I think it's a little late for that. But I still can't help but think "maybe". Embryos can implant between 6 and 12dpo, and if I had a late implanter, the test would have been negative at 13. A lot of people have told me their REs tell them to wait until 17dpo for accuracy. And apparently some women take longer to metabolize HCG into their urine.

I'm not saying I've bought nursery furniture or anything. But there is a tiny glimmer of hope. I think I'll be pretty devastated if my test is negative, and I'll have to take the weekend to grieve and deal. But I'm glad to know we have options and are able to continue with further treatments, which is an option I know not everyone has. I hope we don't need it. That teeny little flickering orb of hope keeps running past my vision and I can't help but think "Maybe!" and I like that thought, so I'm keeping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment