Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Catching Up

I haven't updated our IVF expenses in a while. We're hoping this is the complete list, but we may still get billed for something. Time will tell.

SHG - $100
Day 3 blood work and ultrasound - $145
HSG - $231.50
Deposit - $3250
ICSI deposit - $250
Meds - $1578.19
Lupron - $10
Injection Class - $10.50
Embryo Freezing - $625
Yearly Storage - $360
Total: $6560.19

So that's where we stand financially. The embryo freezing is normally $1250 but we are getting 50% off because we did Single Embryo Transfer (SET). My parents have paid about $5000 of it. If we have to move on to FET, we'll be paying for that ourselves. Fortunately we shouldn't have to go into debt for it, but it's still a lot of money and we're all hoping this one works.

Some things have been going on in my body that I'm sure can be attributed to the endomtrin, but they've got my phantom symptom checker on high alert. Here's what I have so far:

-Breast pain and itchiness off and on
-Odd cramps
-Occasional Nausea

I get nauseated all the time. It's just luck I suppose, so I'm sure it's nothing, and the rest is probably from progesterone. But a girl can dream, right?

I've been wanting to test on Sunday since way before I realized it was Mothers Day, because that's 9dp3dt. Andy really wants me to wait until Tuesday, but I don't want to. If I test on Tuesday, and it's negative, I have to go right to work. If I test on Sunday we get to spend the day together talking and working things out, and neither of us work. Our plans are currently to go to the mall and get Andy a new phone, have a nice lunch, then come home and watch baseball. That sounds like a much better day to me. I suppose one could argue that it would suck to ruin a perfectly nice day, but I don't know if I subscribe to that theory. At the same time, we could be spending mother's day celebrating OUR baby, and that would be really neat.

I still find myself googling 3 day SET vs. 5 day SET. I found one study that said pregnancy rates are higher at day 5, and one that said no statistical significance in difference in pregnancy rate. My Dr. said the latter. And if baby #2 is any indication, this one could have been a 5 day SET. I know I can't judge this one off that one, but I still like to think that they would have continued growing the same since they'd been the same prior. I want this little one so much. I want this test to be positive not because I want A baby (which of course I do) but because I want THIS baby. This little one I have pictures of, that I've dubbed an overachiever and a fighter. We keep saying it's a fighter and it's going to make it, and I talk to it and love and encourage it. Maybe I'm weird, but I saw it... it was a growing, dividing, living thing they placed in me and I love it. I want this to be our first baby, and I hope that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment