Monday, May 30, 2011

Random Thoughts

8 more days of birth control. 8 more days until I feel like we're doing something again. The waiting is the hardest part of this whole thing. Waiting to start meds, waiting to get to retrieval, waiting for transfer, waiting to test. I'll be so glad next weekend when I know it's all about to get going again. My dad told me again today that it's going to work. I still feel like it is, too, and I'm excited.

I've been looking at houses again, and picking things out because this is going to work and we'll get to start saving money again. There are so many great places out there, and I want our baby to grow up with a home with tons of memories that's ours. We can paint when we want and make changes and... boy do we need more space.

I was pretty successful with my infertility-free weekend, but I went to a cookout today and my aunt asked about it. She dealt with infertility as well for a lot of years. I also found out a friend of mine has been trying for 3 years and will be doing an IUI on June 22, the day after my retrieval, so we will be waiting together. Aside from that I just had fun, and yesterday we spent so much time relaxing together. That was a much needed break from stressing out. Of course Andy's car is currently broken down and he's getting it towed up here. His alternator is broken so that will be a few hundred dollars. We really need to get him a new car, but he still owes a lot on it, so we're trying to wait.

I'm going to book our weekend at the beach soon, too, but I don't know when to do it. The only weekend during our two week wait is July 4th weekend, and there's a minimum of nights and I don't want to stay 3, so I'm not sure what to do. I might book it for the weekend after.

I can't wait to go to the beach. I need a little getaway with Andy. He deserves it, and I'm super excited. But first... shots and surgeries. And BFPs!

No comments:

Post a Comment