Monday, May 9, 2011

Positives (But Not On Sticks)

I've been cramping on and off all day. It hurt sooo bad earlier. At first my ovaries were just doing that sharp ovary pain thing they like to do, but then it moved and my uterus just felt awful. Not AF cramps, just.. something that sucked that I've never felt before. I've been playing with Dr. Google continuously through this 2WW, and today I discovered that a number of people have had low betas on 13dpo and had successful pregnancies, so in some ways I still have a little glimmer of hope that I might get a surprise on Friday.

I have been thinking about next steps if things don't work out, though, and I've been pretty upset because I couldn't find out how much a FET was at SGFC. I saw a thing on their website that said $4000, but that didn't seem right, and I saw an article about them that said $2100. So I wasn't sure what to believe, and I finally found my IVF folder with my price list, and at the very bottom it said "FET Deposit - $500". WHAT? I mean I know a deposit is a deposit, not a full cycle cost, but that means we can start the cycle any time with a $500 deposit! And that, my friends, is neat. So we have the whole course of the cycle to come up with the rest. We'll apply for shared risk either way, so Shady Grove would reduce the cost by up to 25% if we qualified, so if the next cycle worked we'd still be in good shape.

And I think if (God forbid) we needed another fresh cycle, we might look at the multi-cycle discount. Apparently it's 2 cycles and any subsequent frozen transfers for a discounted fee. I'd have to see if they work with insurance with that program because they may not. But it's worth looking into, and it would be nice to know we'd paid for another fresh and all frozen transfers up front.

I still want this baby, and I still hope he chooses to stick around. Stick, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment