Thursday, June 30, 2011

An Official Nickname!

Our baby officially has a nickname! We'll call it "chicky". When I showed my family the picture, my brother said he thinks I'm having a chicken since it was "hatching" lol. He's ridiculous. And there you have it. Chicky! I spent some time last night showing hubs the different parts of our embryo, and which part would turn into the baby. His positivity is just amazing to me. He's such a good partner and I'm so glad for him. I know I say it all the time, but he really is the best person for me.

We got some extra good news today, too! Two of chicky's siblings were frozen! So we now have a total of 3! That's PERFECT. Exactly what I was hoping for! Assuming this cycle works, we have 3 chances at a sibling. And even if they all work, I'm OK with 4 kids!

It's strange to me that our fetilization rate is so low (a total of 14 mature eggs retrieved and 8 embryos) but we've gotten 3 frosties and put in 2 perfect embies. Shady Grove is very strict so I know they only freeze practically perfect embryos, and that's just awesome. I'm so incredibly grateful for our babies, and for the support I've had from my family and friends. And I'm thankful to you, readers, for being so supportive! It means the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment