Monday, June 27, 2011

Embryo Transfer Tomorrow!

I haven't heard much from Shady Grove since Saturday. We found out yesterday that our transfer would be tomorrow for sure, but they didn't give us an update on how our embryos looked or how many were still growing. It's strange for me to be on day 4 of their growth outside of me. Last time we'd already put our little one back in. I called a few minutes ago to ask for an update so I'm hoping they'll call me soon. I just want a basic "they're all still growing and look good" or.. whatever the status may be. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a little piece of me that was worried we wouldn't have any good ones to transfer tomorrow. I think it's made just a little easier because I know we had a great quality blast last time. It's still hard to wait so long, though.

I'm so excited that tomorrow one of our beautiful little blasts will be transferred and I'll get to be its home for hopefully another 8.5 months. We love our babies so much already and I can't wait to see what this one looks like and how many we're going to freeze if any.

I also like that there are statistics from SGFC on their single blastocyst transfer. They don't have them for single 3 day embryo transfer, so there was a lot for me to guess about. I still feel really good about this cycle and I'm so hopeful. Just having a blast to transfer is a step in the right direction. Andy's really hopeful too.

I've been pretty upset about all the time off work. I had 3 days available, but my transfer is a little late, and I need 24 hours, so I have to take some time off on Wednesday, too, which means leave without pay. I don't think my boss is happy about it, but I can't help it. It's not my fault I have to go through all of this for something other people get on their own. It's not my fault I had to take 9 days off for kidney treatments. I have a lot of doctors. I know they try to be understanding and it gets overwhelming, but I'm not choosing any of this, and I just keep telling myself that my health and my family are the most important things. I just have to work harder when I'm here.

I'm hoping for good news in a few weeks, and I'm excited to get a call back with our embies' statuses. I can't wait to go home today though. I know I had 4 days off but it's been a rough day.

Update: I heard back from the nurse about the embryos but she confused me. Fortunately my RE called shortly thereafter. She said "Nothing but good news for your embryos. 4 of them are growing fabulously". YAY! One is slow at 6 cells, but the rest are compacting. She said she can't guarantee, but there's a good chance we'll have something to freeze. I'm so proud of our little ones for being so incredibly strong! We love you babies! And thank you to our Lord and savior for watching over our little ones and giving them strength!

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I'm glad you're still feeling good about this cycle despite having to take more time off work. You're absolutely right: your health and your family ARE the most important things. I really hope this cycle is The One for you :)

    ReplyDelete