Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First Follie Check

I don't know what to think! One follie check in and already this cycle is worlds different from the last one. Is that good? I hope so. I want to do a little comparison.

IVF #1
Baseline - 22 follicles
First Check - 12 follicles. 6 Measurable. 2 16s.

IVF #2
Baseline - 17 follicles
First Check - 21 follicles, no measurable.

Holy difference, Batman!! She actually said "You have AT LEAST 12 on the right ovary". I only had 12 last time total at my first check! She said they didn't expect to see any measurable follicles this time and I said "Well last time I had 2 16s at my first check." She said "Really!?? This early??" And I said yes, so she measured one just to be sure and it appeared to be just under 10. They all looked really close in size to my untrained eye. Maybe 6-9mm. She congratulated me on having no measurables lol.

I will hear from my nurse today what they want to do with my meds, and I go back again on Friday. I'd prayed for a slower, steadier stim, and so far it's working. Now my brain is going "What if none of them get over 10!?" but something's going on. I could see I had more follicles myself. And they're supposed to be small now! I feel that I'm going to be very uncomfortable by the end of this stim. Right now I'm hoping for a Tuesday trigger and Thursday ER. That will mean I had 9 nights of stims, which is 2 more than last time. A Wednesday trigger would be OK, too, 'cause that would mean I only needed 1 day off work.

I'm really happy with how things are going. I have a REALLY good feeling about this cycle. I feel we're going to get a lot more eggs, too. I could be wrong, but for now I just feel great!

These are the socks I wore:


I think Friday I'm going to wear the sharks. I'm really digging the socks though. I've never been a sock person but I have to say I like these. 


Update: The nurse called and said everything looks good but my E2 is a little low so they want to up my medication. Seeing as I was on the absolute lowest doses (75iu Follistim and 75iu Menopur) I guess that's OK. She said not to worry because they don't expect to see much at this point and upping my meds should help. I have another ultrasound on Friday so we'll see what happens. Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment