Monday, June 20, 2011

Holy Mother of Murgatroid!

At this point I'm really starting to feel my ovaries. Sometimes they feel full, but mostly they feel stretchy, like they're even stretching the stuff around them out. I think it's probably because I have 22 follicles!! Yesterday when the tech said she saw 13 on the right alone, she only measured 6, and I thought she meant she wasn;t measuring the rest because they were too small. Today's tech said she saw 12 on the right, and said she didn't need to measure all of them. I asked her if they were BIG follicles and she said yes! And she saw 10 on the left. Holy. Crap. And they're perfect!

Right:
18.5
18
17.7
16.9
16.1
15.1

Left:
17.4
16.4
15.9
15.8
15.5
14.1

They're so close in size. And I'd imagine the 14.1 is the smallest. It makes sense that if she's not measuring all of them she'd measure the biggest and smallest. At this rate if we triggered tomorrow, they'd all have a good shot at maturing for retrieval. I'm in shock and disbelief.

The bad news is I am completely out of menopur so I have to drive to a pharmacy on the other side of the city to get it. And I have to pay out of pocket. Aetna has a shipment ready to get here tomorrow, but I don't want to pay for it if I end up triggering tomorrow, which they said I probably will. why spend $150 on something I'm not going to need? When I already spent the out of pocket cost? So I'm not sure what to do about that.

Here are today's lucky socks:



They don't come anywhere close to matching my bright blue shirt. It makes me happy.

Obviously yesterday was father's day. We spent the afternoon with my dad which was cool, but we had a little trouble at night. We were just watching a baseball game, but they kept talking about fathers and kids and father's day. At one point Andy said "why don't you keep rubbing it in my face?". My poor guy. I told him it was OK because he was going to be an expecting daddy in about a week, after my transfer. That made him light up, so that's good.

I feel so good about this process. I feel like it's going to work this time. I know I keep saying that, but I do. And retrieval is THIS WEEK! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment