Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meet Our Little One!

Introducing baby S!


Isn't it just the cutest thing you've ever seen? The ball of cells towards the bottom is what will turn into the baby. This little beauty is now resting in my ute... hopefully make itself cozy. Transfer was uneventful, but I bled a little after. I saw a different picture of this embryo that was much clearer, and you could see the shell it was mostly hatched out of. I feel like it might have been all the way hatched by the time they put it in. 

He didn't give me a "5AA" grade or anything, but he said it's a grade 1, which is the highest grade they give. The embryologist said it was "beautiful". I'm happy because it's made it through so many stages of development by this point and has hatched, so all it has to do is implant and grow!

One of the 4 they were watching for freeze did slow down and stopped at an early blast. The other 2 are expanded blasts. I'm not sure if they're hatching like this one, but it looks like they might make it to freeze. I asked again if they were "slow" but it looks like not since they're supposed to hatch on day 6 or so and this one did. He also said their day 6 pregnancy rates are the same as day 5.

Needless to say we're extremely excited. We feel SO GOOD about this and I don't want to wait until July 12!!! for the beta.

Here are the AWESOME socks I was sent for transfer:


That's me on bed rest watching tv. Love my socks. Love my baby.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying that that's your baby!! (I just showed my husband the picture because he was confused about what I was aww-ing about lol) So glad everything went well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am so glad it went well and I will be crossing my fingers and toes for you. I wondered about the hatching aspect of moving to the 6 day when I read your update. Good friends of ours wound up with a 6 day transfer for that reason - and it worked for them. I hope and pray this little one snuggles in and gets comfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snuggle in baby S!! Sending you lots of good thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete