Saturday, June 25, 2011

How Our Babies are Doing

Well it's two days after ER and we got our second update. I've been extremely nervous for the call, and I tried to sleep in so it would go to voicemail. I woke up before they called, but I still let it go to voicemail. I get nervous to talk to them on the phone. The first thing the nurse said was "Hi Erika, I have good news for you." That helped to calm me down! She went on to say that all 5 of our embryos are still growing and dividing! I was so happy I had tears in my eyes. She said they were going to schedule me for a day 5 transfer. This made me happy because the RE said the quality would determine which day we transferred, which means they should be good quality. They didn't tell me the actual cell count or fragmentation amount, but I imagine it was pretty OK.

I've been nervous about a 3 day transfer. I know single day 3 transfers can work, but if we're only transferring 1 I want to know it's the best one, so I'm really glad we're planning on a blastocyst transfer. I have really high hopes for this cycle.

Sometimes I still have a voice that creeps in and says "You're going to be one of the people IVF doesn't work for" and that thought terrifies me. I know that it happens and people deal with it, but I'm not ready to be at that point, and I hate that I have to worry even more because of my kidneys. But everyone is very hopeful and so far this cycle has been much better. I hope it continues, and I just keep thanking God that I have these little ones that I love so much already. I'm hopeful, nervous, and I want this to work more than anything I've ever wanted in my life.

As a side note, I'm still in pain! I can walk, but when I bend over it hurts a lot. So worth it for our little ones though.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you. I really, really hope this cycle is the one. You deserve it!! Sorry you're still in pain. I hope you're relaxing and enjoying your weekend =) Let the embies do all the work for now!

    ReplyDelete