Friday, June 24, 2011

Embryo Update

They called this morning around 10 to give me the update on our babies. Of the 12 they retrieved, 9 were mature and 5 fertilized. I'm not sure why our fertilization rate is so low, but we have two more embryos than last time. My RE called this morning and said she's not sure if we'll be doing a day 3 or 5 transfer, which is cool because last time she scheduled a day 3 right away. She said the emerging quality of the embryos would be the deciding factor.

I'll find out tomorrow how well they're growing. I hope we have really good embryos like last time. We had 2/3 that grew really well, so I'm hoping to have 3 or 4 this time. I'd still love to get a blast to put in and a blast to freeze, but we'll see what happens. I'm nervous, but I really hope one of these is our sticky baby. It's hard not knowing what to expect. Knowing that we had great embryos last time but that doesn't mean we will this time. I really hope that we do, and waiting until tomorrow morning is driving me up the wall. I keep worrying that perhaps my eggs don't look so hot, but I know we can make good embryos because we have 1 frozen. I just want this baby so much and I hope that it works this time. We have 5 little ones growing and I hope they all continue to grow. I hope that we've got a perfect blast to put in and one or two to freeze. I love them already. The wait is driving me insane and we haven't even transferred yet! I need to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment