Sunday, April 24, 2011

Trigger Time

I had my 3rd and final ultrasound today. I'm really nervous about how this stim period has gone. I still only have 12 follicles, and some of them are huge. I'm hoping the lupron trigger gets the rest of them ready, and maybe a few others. I still think there could be a couple more. In any case, I got the call to trigger tonight, so retrieval will be on Tuesday at 9:45am. My e2 was only 1111, which seems low, but I guess it could get higher over the next few days. They also told me that they like you to stim for at least 8 days, and since I won't be taking menopur or follistim tonight, I'll have only stimmed for 7. I feel like maybe they should have slowed me down some to let more follicles grow and stuff. I know there were more. And there has to be a reason they like 8 days....  is that going to cause a problem?

My ovaries feel huge. It's uncomfortable to be in pretty much any position, so I'm glad to be done stimming and I'm ready to get these eggies out. I just hope that it works. I keep getting nervous that the protocol wasn't quite right for me, and we won't get any eggs, or they won't fertilize, or we won't have good blasts. I know I need to not worry, but the prospect of paying for this again is terrifying. I am apparently still working on the whole "don't worry, let God take care of it" thing. I'm trying my best. I just had different expectations than what has happened so far. I won't know any more until Tuesday, unless they call tomorrow with e2 levels. No more ultrasounds at least. I can't believe how fast things have gone since I started the injections, and I can't believe that in a week I'll have a real embryo in there if all goes well.  I hope this cycle works. I really do.

Edit: I read that ganirelix could be the reason my e2 isn't higher. Apparently, as long as it's rising, the number isn't particularly accurate with ganirelix, so that makes me feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment