Friday, April 8, 2011

Money, Alcohol, Cats, and Dinosaurs

I haven't had a good day. I don't know why I'm surprised that the government would choose the middle of my IVF cycle to shut down, but I have to say that going into this without a paycheck in sight is not comforting. I know there's still time for an agreement, but I don't see it happening. And although my husband works hard, for now my income is the majority, so we really need it. We didn't want to have to use savings to pay our bills. We wanted to freeze our embies with that money. We'd just been getting to a point where we were putting money away, and I'm nervous about all of this. I ended up getting so overwhelmed by this, and my kidneys, and everything, that I cried in front of my boss today. I was mumbling about how I don't have any sick time to use and how hard that is, and how we won't be earning any while we're shut down, on top of still having to pay my medical bills with no paycheck. I felt like such a dolt, and I think my co-workers think I'm a whiny brat because 2 of them were chosen to keep working, and they're getting back-paid, and I need money too, so I asked why they were chosen. I thought it was a fair question. I've been working my ass off on my current project. But I digress.

I've had a few hours to calm down. I still feel like a hot mess, and I want to go home. I'm hungry and I need a nap. Andy's stressed out about all this, so he's been snippy, which really isn't helping. And what's worse is that it's all still up in the air. I hate not knowing. I need to rest. My ovaries have been aching a lot lately and I wonder what it's from. I hope it's because there are going to be a ton of antral follicles on Wednesday!!! But I'll have to wait and see.

Tonight I'm going to go home and cuddle with these two who always know how to make me feel better.


Although Rio (the silver one) has been flipping out because a cat keeps coming to the window to visit her. It's rather hysterical, but I feel bad that the cat doesn't have a home and I want to bring it inside. Columbus (black and white) only cares because Rio does, and that makes me laugh too. Normally I wake up or fall asleep with one of both of them on me, and that always puts me in a good mood.

Tomorrow I'm resolving to do nothing but watch sci-fi movies and hang out at the house. I might go to the gym if I am up to it. Fortunately there are awesome movies on, like TRIASSIC ATTACK! and


How can I be upset when that's on tv tomorrow night? Yes, I'm being serious, and my husband is getting punched if he tries to tell me no.

I guess we'll see what happens. I will be drowning myself in bad sci-fi, since I'm not supposed to be drinking right now... something about being bad for fertility? I dunno, it's probably BS, but I don't want to take any chances. Giant dinosaurs will have to fill the void.





No comments:

Post a Comment