Thursday, April 28, 2011

2nd Fert Report

I just got the call from the nurse about my little embies. I have to say I'm really impressed with the quick responses. She called me at 10am today! And the news is good. Of our 3 embryos, 2 have made it to 4 cells so far. One hasn't but she said it still could. And the 2 good ones look "really good" and have no fragmentation at all! She said she would guess they'd be grade 1 if they'd been graded already, but they don't usually grade until day 3. I wanted to know what that meant, so I found this:


Grade 1: even cell division, no fragmentation 
Grade 2: even cell division, small fragmentation
Grade 3: uneven cell division, moderate fragmentation 
Grade 4: uneven cell division, excessive fragmentation 

Multicell embryos that recieve grade 1 or 2 often develop to the blastocyst stage.


So our embryos look great! And a lot of times grade 1s make it to blast! We won't be going that far, but it's cool to know that our embies are good quality. It makes me freak out a little less about egg quality to know that out of 5 mature eggs and 3 that fertilized, 2 are awesome so far! I really, really hope they keep growing and still look like 1s tomorrow. I'm really excited that they don't have fragmentation. So hopefully we'll put 2 in and we'll be celebrating a pregnancy next weekend! I don't want to get ahead of myself, but this is great news. Praise God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment