Friday, April 22, 2011

Hooray!

After careful consideration, I've decided that I love SGFC again. I never really didn't, but I've wiped the communication with my nephrologist slate clean. I went in this morning for Ultrasound #2, and was in and out in 15 minutes with quite a few updates!

I got the tech I really like. The other tech is OK, but she keeps mum about everything and I don't like to ask her questions. As it turns out, she was wrong about my follie count. This morning the tech said she didn't think I had 22 antrals, but we know I had more than 11 because I have TWELVE measurables! After 5 days of stimming with 75iu follistim, I've got:

Right:
16
13
14
13
12
13

Left:
15
15.5
16.5
14
12
11

So there are 12 big enough to measure, and she said there are at least a few more little ones that could still grow. The ganirelix seems to have helped because the 2 16s are still 16! The follies are pretty uniform, and I'm hoping to get a few more. The tech was really surprised at the number after 5 days, and said ideally they want 10-15 because it gives you enough to get good embies without the high risk of hyperstimulation. My lining was 8.5 already, and she said her guess is I'll trigger Sunday night. She thought they might even decrease my meds, but there isn't much room to decrease, so I'll see when the nurse calls. She said they want to keep you stimming for at least 8 days (I guess to give your uterine lining time to plump up) and Sunday will be 8. She even gave me a little printout of the measurements and said I'll be back every day from here on out.

So what's the problem with every day? Well, for one, my fabulous, close, on my way to work clinic is closed on weekends, so I have to go to the SGFC in Rockville, which is a good hour away. I don't really mind because it's a weekend, but on weekdays the traffic is horrendous. It's a mild nuissance to drive an hour for a 15 minute appointment, but we really need to keep an eye on my little ones. I know they're not embryos yet, but they're important!

The other problem is Sunday is Easter and we were planning to go to Philly. I kept saying I was going to be a high responder, so I don't know why I didn't think about that when we made our plans, but we either won't go, or Andy will go without me. The good news is, if I stick around, I'll be spending the day with my mom, so hopefully we'll be together when the call comes for the ass needle. And might I add that I've had other volunteers to stick a giant needle in my ass? Have I really done my friends so wrong?

Anyway, things are rolling along. Retrieval should be on Tuesday morning. I'm hoping just a couple more eggies pop up in the next few days. I know some of them might not be mature and some follicles might be empty, so I'm hoping we get a couple more and we can get a good fertilization rate. the ICSI should help. Still praying for 1 perfect to put in and 3-4 good ones to freeze. I hate that this whole process is so unkown the first time. We now know how I respond, but we don't know what my egg quality is like, or fertilization, or if my uterus wants to hang onto a baby. We'll know shortly, but the waiting is so hard! Come on, little eggs. You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment