Sunday, April 17, 2011

Injections Day 1

Today I finally started my injections. I can't believe I'm here. I documented the process in pictures. It was a little different than I expected. I had my instructions:




And all my supplies:




I started with the follistim because I knew it would be easy. Put in vial, screw pen together, screw on needle, dial up 75iu, inject.



The follistim was no sweat. The needle is SO thin I really didn't feel it going in, and the amount of medication is so little that I didn't feel it injecting either. 

Next was the Menopur. There are a lot of steps with this one. First I had to screw the qcap on the syringe, then put it on the little vial of water. I filled the vial with 1ml of water:




Then I put the syringe (with the qcap) onto the vial of menopur, which is a powder, and inject the 1ml and let it dissolve.

This is the qcap on the menopur vial once I put the liquid into the syringe.

                                               


And this is the syringe with the needle on it, ready to be injected. I had a little bubble, so I hope that doesn't cause any problems. It doesn't go into a vein so it should be OK (right?).



 This one was not what I expected. Like the follistim, the needle for this is tiny and you don't even feel it going in. They're also insanely sharp, so that helps. When I started injecting, however, it hurt. It was hard to push the plunger down. I think the needle may not have been screwed in as much as it should have been. It worked, but I had to really push. And I guess because there's so much liquid, it hurt going in. I was wondering why she kept stressing to use ONE ml, not both that come in the jar, and now I see why. It stung for a while, and I can still sort of feel it. It's not any sort of terrible pain by any means, but I was surprised since the other one didn't hurt AT ALL. It's making me more nervous about the trigger. I'm afraid it's not going to go in cleanly, but I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

So that's my whole process for the next few days. At some point I'll add the ganirilex, but those are pre-filled syringes, so there isn't as much work to it. I also do that one in the morning with, if needed, some extra follistim. Is it weird that I can already feel something happening in my ovaries? I JUST noticed this.

I think this process is going to be interesting. I have an awful headache, but I think I had the headache beforehand. 9 more days of stims!

No comments:

Post a Comment