Wednesday, April 20, 2011

OK, So Maybe I Freaked Out Prematurely

... Does this surprise anyone? It doesn't surprise me one bit. It's what I do. I'm surprised I don't have ulcers. Anyway, my nurse called. She says everything looks great. I was wrong about the "lead" follicle. Apparently I have 2 16s, a 14, a 13, and a couple 11 and 12. And then a bunch that aren't > 10 yet, and they only measure over 10. They have me adding the ganirilex tonight and upping my menopur to 112 (which means an extra half ml. Ow). I will do ganirilex tomorrow as well, and then I have an ultrasound on Friday. She says we'll probably have more follies pop up on Friday. She said they don't expect to see measurable follies on day 4, so I'm responding really well to the medication. Also my estrogen was 336 because I know I'm going to want to know that later.

So what I've gotten out of this is I'm actually responding better than they thought. The ganirilex should slow down the bigger ones and let more catch up. I can't imagine that on only day 4 (3 nights of stims) I wouldn't have a few more growing by the end of stims. She did say she thinks I'm going to go faster than she thought, so I won't be stimming for 10 days. Tonight is night 4 of stims. I'm going to make a very randomized guess of 8, which would put trigger on Monday and retrieval Wednesday (or maybe even Tuesday).

This process is going really, really fast. I'm so glad I got to talk to my actual nurse. I'm glad the meds are working (I can really feel it now, btw). I'm hoping some more follies catch up. Ideally I'd like to have 15 mature at retrieval, but that's a completely arbitrary number. If I have 1 perfect embie and 1 or 2 to freeze I'll be happy with the cycle. And if I don't... we'll know what to expect for next time. But lesson learned: don't freak out! I was upset with 6 follies and the nurse hadn't expected to see any! I need to calm it for serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment