Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Exciting Stuff

Mr. S is currently on his way to the doctor to finally get a follow-up MRI. He's only a year late in doing it, but at least he's going. My dear husband has some issues with claustrophobia, and he can't stand the MRI, so he needs xanax to get through it. His mom was with him for the last one where we got the initial tumor diagnosis. It took him two pills of xanax, which knocked him out for 3 days, but he got through it. His mom couldn't come this time so my dad took him. I'm excited that Andy and my dad get to bond today, but I hope Andy is at least conscious for some of it, unlike last time. In a few short days we'll know if the tumor is gone. My prediction is that if it's not gone, it's a lot smaller. The change in Andy since he started taking the medication regularly is huge. His hormones have definitely elevated to the point where he's like ... pubescent, so it's definitely going away if not gone. I don't think his hormones are too high, I just think going from no hormones to normal hormones is an adjustment. I really hope for his sake that the tumor is gone and he can stop the cabergoline. The fewer medicines the better. At least one of us should get to be relatively normal.

I just read that after Thursday it's supposd to rain for a week straight. I guess it's good that I wasn't planning on gardening this weekend. I'd really like to get everything planted before transfer, and I don't have a lot of weekends for that. Our patio needs a good cleaning and I need to de-clutter it, but then I'm going to want to be out there all the time reading my kindle and looking at the gorgeous garden I've created!

Tomorrow is my first ultrasound and I'm nervous. I keep thinking the medicine isn't working and I have no follicles and... I dunno. That everything has gone wrong. I hope that's not the case. I still feel 99% normal, and I'm afraid that's bad. I felt something in my ovaries again shortly after my shots last night, but since then nothing. I need to stop worrying so much. I think stress can affect a cycle, and I don't want to put myself through more of it than is necessary. Another reason I'm thrilled that we got appointments this weekend for our manicures/pedicures.

I'm also happy that this weekend is Easter weekend. I feel good about that. I'm going to go to the Saturday service and really talk to God about this cycle. And try my very best to give it up to Him, which I haven't been very good at so far. We'll see how that works out.

Depending on when my transfer is, I should have a 3 day weekend. I told myself I was taking a day off, so even if it's on a Saturday I think I still will take Monday off and lay around. I could use it anyway.

I can't believe I'm on day 3 of stims! I can't believe it!! It's all happening so fast now that it's here. I hope one of these follicles is growing into what's going to be our beautiful new year's baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment