Thursday, April 28, 2011

Am I Really Writing Three Posts?

Yep. RE called me tonight. She says she was very frustrated that I didn't have more eggs. She said again it could be egg quality. But I still don't think so. My follicles ranged from 14-30mm at trigger, so there's just no way the majority of them could be mature when they were so many different sizes. She wouldn't admit it was a protocol thing, but that's OK. If there's a next time, we'll try something different.

She did say she was happy that our 2 embryos are perfect! So perfect, in fact, that she wants to transfer 1 and freeze 1! She doesn't want to take any risk of twins, and the embie is so good that she wants to put 1 in instead of both. She said there is no difference in success rate between 3 and 5 day transfer, and we were going to do 1 5 day, so I guess it's OK. I still get nervous that maybe this one would have had an issue if we kept growing it, but I'm hopeful that as good as they look, they would make it anyway. She's going to watch the other two, and if the good one makes it to day 5 she's going to freeze it, and she may freeze the other one if it starts to catch up. It's a slow grower.

I can't believe I might get a frostie! I suppose if it doesn't grow, then it was meant to be, because if it won't grow in the lab, it wouldn't grow in my uterus. I hope the one we put in tomorrow takes, and I'm pretty excited that 2/3 of our fertilized embies look so good. I wonder if we had gotten more how many we'd have! I know I'm getting ahead of myself again. I suppose they could stop growing, but I really hope not. I love my little ones already, and I'm so excited that Andy gets to be with me when or little one goes in. We're going to just pray and hope it sticks. And we're going to pray for our little one growing on. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment