Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fert Report

Well I got the fert report. Of the 6 eggs, 5 were mature and 3 fertilized normally with ICSI. I was pretty devastated at first, but I'm trying to be positive. 3 isn't 0. 3 is 3, and it only takes 1. The doctor will call and talk to me about embryo quality and how many she thinks we  should transfer. I'm going to push for 2 at this point since it's day 3. I'm really hoping one of these guys is really good quality on Friday. I'll be so excited if we hear that at least 1 is excellent.

It looks like we probably won't have any to freeze, so we've got that money set aside for a second cycle. And I do have leftover meds. The nurse said it could be an egg quality issue that caused this, but I am still hopeful that's not it. My FSH is 5 and I had 22 antral follicles, so something is working. I think the follies just grew too fast, so she said next time we'd change up the protocol and slow things down 'cause it could have just been the wrong protocol for me. Hopefully this won't be an issue because this one works!!!

I don't know what to think right now. I'm nervous that my 3 babies won't continue to grow but I'm trying to stay positive. The nurse said they might all be perfect, which is true. It's weird thinking that there are 3 real embryos.. with  parts of Andy and I out there, waiting to snuggle into my uterus and grow into my beautiful little one. I love them so much and I hope they stick with us. It's hard to be positive but I'm trying. I have 3, and 3 is plenty to make this happen.

I love you little ones. Grow for mommy and daddy. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment