Thursday, March 31, 2011

Opening Day is Finally Here!!

Today is opening day! Go White Sox! OK they're not playing today but I'm still excited. If I haven't mentioned it already, my husband and I are rabid baseball fans. We're White Sox fans, but I also love the Orioles and he has a soft spot for the Phillies (since he's from Philly and I'm from Baltimore!). And just to explain how much we love baseball, I'll give you two facts about us.

Fact 1: My husband and I have a combined total of 8 fantasy baseball teams this year.
Fact 2: We're going to Chicago in July for the sole purpose of watching 4 games at US Cellular field..

We love baseball a lot. We have signs hanging up all over our house, photos, etc. My husband is obsessed. It's all he wants to talk about right now, which I welcome, because I'm obsessed with babies, and if I let him talk about baseball I get to talk about babies! It works, because we're each interested in the thing the other is talking about, but maybe not QUITE on the same level. So is there a point to all of this? Yes!

My husband works his butt off. He doesn't mind his job, but he works hard, and it tires him out, and sometimes I don't want to ask him to do things for me because I know he wants to go home and rest (this is totally unfounded because 99% of the time he'll do it, but.. still). Well last night, as you all know, we got the call that everything is straightened out and I needed to start my BCPs that day or it would throw off the schedule they'd come up with for me, but I wasn't going to be home until after the pharmacy closed, so I asked Andy to do it. But last night was his last fantasy draft for his team, and he likes to have prep time lol. So when I got the "you got it" text I was pretty happy.

So I got home last night, took my pill, and snuggled into bed at 11:30. Andy came up and snuggled in with me for a little bit. And I said thanks for getting the pills, and that we'd have to get our consent forms notarized, so we'd have to do that soon too. His response was really special. "You don't have to thank me," he'd said, "I would do anything for you. I'll miss my draft I don't freaking care." And while he said "for you" he also meant "for this"... for this baby, and I was really happy. Part of me had thought I'd have to fight him a little, or at least get a complaint about the notary.. but no. Nothing but absolute perfection out of my beautiful husband. So I held his hand and kissed it and told him how great he was and how glad I was that I was going through this with HIM. And I told him I didn't know why I'd worried as he hasn't complained from day 1. Not about the  incredibly personal scrotal ultrasound, or the multiple SAs, or taking me to doctors or calling them when I couldn't. He's offered to go to every single appointment, and already told his bosses he has to be off for a few days for my retrieval and transfer.

As hard and stressful as going through this process is... and it might get harder and more stressful yet... I couldn't ask for anyone better to hold my hand through it. I know some men complain about various things, and that's OK.. but mine hasn't. Not once. I'm seeing things in my husband I've always seen, but they're just more overt these days. He's amazing, and here's a picture:


Why he is in a t-shirt when there's obviously a ton of snow on the ground I will never know.

And for good measure, here's an older one of me, too:


Yep, we're going to make cute babies.





No comments:

Post a Comment