Wednesday, March 30, 2011

IVF #1 is Underway!

Hooray! I got the call and I'm starting on 2 weeks of BCPs today! My nurse is mailing out all of our consents and my calendar which I'm SUPER excited about, and she'll be ordering my meds. I scheduled my injection class, but the next one they have is on 4/14, which is pretty late I think, so I had to ask my nurse if that was OK. It's also at 11 in the morning. What a weird time for that? Fortunately it's not too far from work, so I'll have to come in early, flex out for the class, and come back. I love having that flexibility at work!

We should have our paperwork in a day or two. Interestingly enough, my insurance company requires a copy of our marriage certificate to cover the procedure. Is that weird? I feel like it's weird. I mean I have it, but... don't people who aren't married want to go through IVF?

In any case, we're on our way! The next two weeks will be so slow, but when they're through, it's injection time! I am so glad it's finally here.

Edit: My "official" start date is 4/13 with injections beginning on 4/16. And since the deposit is due 4/3, I'm updating my running total:

SHG - $100
Day 3 blood work and ultrasound - $145
HSG - $231.50
Deposit - $3250
ICSI deposit - $250

Total: $3976.5

I will find out the total cost of my medicine in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment