Friday, March 4, 2011

Ok.. so everything is actually OK. I started birth control pills today!

Apparently, my nurse was very confused as well, and had called the doctor, who was out of the office, to ask her what the deal was since my weight was OK, but she wasn't expecting a response, so she called me to tell me the bad news. After I left her a message she called me back, and said that the doctor had actually called her back. It seems she'd thought my weight loss wasn't enough to put me under their 40 BMI requirement, but the nurse had assured her in the email that it did. When she heard that she said it was OK. I guess I can't fault her for not carrying around a BMI chart, or for remembering how tall I am, but it was still a terrible ordeal and I cried all morning. Things are back on track and the nurse wasn't upset about my message. I apologized for sounding so upset but I was. She said "No! I was upset FOR you!" so she really understood. Thankfully things are OK for now, and I just need to get them one more thing from my nephrologist before retrieval. We've got a plan (I think) and my last day of birth control will be Friday, March 25th, so we should be starting stims right around the 1st.

We're really excited (although I'm ready to punch my husband in the face at this particular moment). I can't wait for these three weeks to go by!

No comments:

Post a Comment