Monday, March 21, 2011

I had my saline ultrasound this morning. I feel like my parts must be in perfect locations because, once again, it wasn't a big deal in any way. She told me when she was doing everything, and I didn't feel anyting but the speculum. She showed me the machine when she was doing it and everything looked fine. She did a "quick check" of my ovaries which I guess also looked normal. It was really, really messy, but no pain at all, and really not much discomfort. I'm not saying I want to have them recreationally or anything, but I'm thankful to my body for letting me get through these without much revolt. And really, my body has done a pretty good job of just generally functioning. My tests in the fertility department have been great except the thyroid which is fixed. I guess the real test is coming up when we actually go through the process, but for now we're good. All of our testing is done, and all we need to do is get everything in from the nephrologist and start injections. Which should be in approximately a week assuming we get the plan in from him. Oh my gosh. In 2-3 weeks I could have egg retrieval and then a baby growing in me! It's amazing. I can't believe the testing is actually done! I'm so ready to get this show on the road.

Edit: Cost for today's procedure - $100. Grand total so far of $476.50. This includes HSG, SHG, and Day 3 blood work and ultrasound. Not included: Communicable diseases blood tests. All of these are required for IVF at Shady Grove. I have insurance which covers 50%, so this is my out of pocket cost so far. I don't have the rest of the costs yet, but I'll be posting them as I get them. I do know the initial $3500 deposit is due soon, so the total will be jumping up dramatically very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment