Friday, March 25, 2011

Since I started on the birth controls I've been gaining weight. I really haven't wanted to see how much I've gained so I didn't get on the scale, but this morning I finally stepped on. I think part of me was expecting to see my weight back in the 280s, right where I started. That didn't happen, thankully, but I have gained. My last weight was 270.2, and I was 277 this morning. It's not completely accurate 'cause I usually weigh on Sundays later in the day after I've peed 3 more times, but.. I have gained around 6 or so pounds. Yikes. I'm still down 9 according to weight watchers, but I liked 15 better, so I really need to get back on track. I also need to start checking my blood sugar again. When I was on high doses of prednisone my blood sugar got up to almost 400. Yikes! That was on 120 mg and I'm now on 40, but I've stopped checking and it might still be too high. Normally it runs abour 80, so.. prednisone is an asshole. But with the impending baby, and not wanting to like... die... I've decided that I'm getting more strips next week to make sure my sugars are OK, and if they're not, really use the insulin. I don't want anything to happen to my babies because I'm an idiot, so I'll be checking and if it's still high on 30mg of prednisone using the insulin again. I hope not.

Yep it's time to re-dedicate myself to health. I want to be a fit mommy and I want to be healthy for my babies. I've been eating horribly for 3 weeks and drinking soda again and I need to get right back out of that habit. With that said, I'm no longer sick and can go back to the gym. I'll be going 4 times next week and sticking to weight watchers again. Watching my sugar and being CAREFUL. I've had a 3 week vacation. No more. No more excuses. No more "But I'm on prednisone!" or "But BCPs make me eat!". That may be true, but I'm in control here. I'm not going to gain weight if I don'tput the food in my mouth and if I exercise. I have to take my life back, and I'm going to.

I haven't heard from the RE today, but I expect them to call later. Today's my last pill so CD 1 should be soon. I guess I'll be starting 2 more weeks of pills. Which means just a few more weeks to get as healthy as possible. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment