Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well, I'm not dead. I was pretty sure I might be when I tried my temperature last night before bed and it was 91. I tried both thermometers. And I went to sleep hoping I wouldn't be ravenous for brains or anything. When I awoke and took my temperature it had risen to 96 something. I'm pretty sure dead people's temps dont rise, so I've reached the conclusion that I am, in fact, still alive. I may not have been when I checked last night, but something has happened since then.

I also received a call from my nurse today. I wonder if she knows how I've longed to hear her voice? Well she needs everything in writing before they write up a plan, and I still need to lose 14 pounds, so we're probably going to have to wait until March for the IVF. In the mean time we're trying to decide if a February natural cycle is the way to go or if we should give an IUI a shot just to see what happens. We're undecided. But either way I must lose the weight by March to start the IVF. If it works, we're looking at a late December baby... and I really don't want my baby to come on Christmas! So hopefully the timing will work out so the baby is born in mid-December. I'd much rather have this work and have a Christmas baby than not, though, so if Christmas it is, then bring it on!

In the mean time, we'll be taking friends' advice and trying "the old fashioned way" at least for now. And I have no complaints there. For now? A nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment