Sunday, January 9, 2011

Last night my parents had a party for a lot of our friends and family. Andy actually got out of work early enough to be able to go. We had a lot of fun but we weren't expecting the baby comments. I got a couple "We're hoping for good news from you soon!" comments, and I thought they were talking about my kidneys at first. A few people accosted Andy without me though, and confirmed that they were talking about babies. They also forced a very uncomfortable conversation about how we should "keep trying and have fun" and how it's still fun 37 years later. Wow. That's a conversation I'm glad I didn't have to have, but I'm sorry Andy did lol. I was definitely feeling a little pressure, but we're very open about our struggles, so I know they all meant it in the most supportive of ways.

I am trying not to set myself up for disappointment, but I just want this month to be it for us. We're doing the best we can. And I have my beautiful baby Rio to comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment