Monday, October 31, 2011

A Bunch of Random Thoughts

Apparently my town got over 7 inches of snow on Saturday. I can believe it. Snow was falling in giant flakes all day long. I'm not surprised that 7 inches fell, but most of it melted right away, so we only had about an inch that stuck around. I don't normally mind snow on the weekend. There's something to be said for curling up indoors with good movies and loved ones and watching the snow fall outside. But this was not nice snow. It was ice daggers disguised for Halloween as pretty snowflakes, that hurt a lot when they hit you! The sidewalk iced over and made an already interesting, unbalanced-pregnant-walk even more treacherous! The good news is it looks OK out today, but it's extremely cold, and I don't think I'm ready for cold weather yet. I'm glad that I bought my coat and have that to wear to work when it's 30 degrees in the mornings. It is supposed to get warmer this week, but I see a long, dreary winter in our future. This just lends more credence to my "the room must be cleared out by December!" argument (although there's no real argument because A has already agreed).

And speaking of December... holy crap. Tomorrow is November. I think the cold weather is messing with my mind because I feel like I'm so behind on Christmas things. I have pretty much nothing at all picked out, except that I want to buy this for A:


It doesn't look like a diaper bag to me, and she'll be born just as baseball season is about to start back up. I also want to get him a ton of stuff from his wish list. And he wants a computer. So I really don't know how to narrow it all down, and there's a piece of me who just wants to buy him everything, and I probably shouldn't do that. Although when we get a computer, I get my new desk I've been longing for that's smaller and closes up to give us more space in the living room!

I told my family we're cutting back on Christmas gifts this year in order to make more room to buy things for Evangeline. She needs more than they do! I want to buy her crib in December and get it set up, and though it's not super expensive, it's not $10 either, so there's a lot of financial planning that needs to happen. Fortunately A has been working out of control hours (63 this week) and is going to be getting awesome paychecks, but I do hope that backs off once it gets closer to her arrival date.

In any case, this weekend is "purge weekend" and a lot of stuff is getting tossed. I'm so excited for this. I am a sentimental person, but only for certain things. The last thing I am is a pack rat and I have no issues getting rid of random stuff. I'm hoping the house looks a lot less cluttered soon. And we get baby girl's closet cleared out so I can hang up all her adorable clothes. Next weekend mom and I are starting on the bedding. We may actually have a nursery pretty soon. I'll be 21 weeks on Thursday, so it's probably a good idea to get started.

I'm such a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment