Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ocean City Weekend!

A and I went on our 2 year anniversary trip this weekend and it was awesome. My OCD tried to ruin it but we managed to have a really good time. We didn't have any arguments and we did so much cool stuff. Not that we usually have arguments but we were stuck together for 3 straight days.

We got to my aunt's condo on Friday night and brought all of our stuff in. It was a cute little place with a kitchen, 2 beds, a table, a couch, and a bathroom. And it has a great TV. We arrived late, though, so we went to sleep pretty early. The beds were kind of awful, but we got some sleep and were ready the next morning to hit the boardwalk. Until we noticed there was no hot water. We showered, sort of, and it was kind of hysterical because A insisted on getting all the way under the water. I just washed my hair and face. We later discovered the hot water heater was broken and we'd have to deal with it the entire trip!

We also discovered that a car show was taking up the entire inlet parking lot, so there was one teeny lot for the million people that were there (most for the car show). Somehow we managed a spot, and we headed to the boardwalk and had breakfast, then went to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum. There is so much cool stuff in there - like a REAL piece of the Berlin Wall! But the museum is large and I got very uncomfortable after a while. Here's a picture of A with his giant hand on a replica of the tallest man in the world's hand:


For reference, my husband has giant hands, so this is craziness!

When we left we ran into a guy who was surrounded by birds. A went to get a picture and the guy asked me to come closer, so I did. He put bird seed in my hand and I got attacked by pigeons!! Tons of them landed on me and ate out of my hands. A got pictures but I don't have them. I did get a picture of the AMAZING shaved ice I had been looking forward to.


Strawberry and Skylite. I should note that I ate 3 of these from 3 different places but this one was the best! I had a bit of a sugar high this whole weekend and am now back down to earth. I am sure I gained 5 pounds but now that I'm back to "real" life I'm eating less again, so hopefully I will be back down by my next appointment. Although I don't think he'll complain even if I am up 5.. 8 pounds at 20 weeks isn't too bad.

We left the boardwalk shortly after that. It was actually 3 o'clock and we had some shopping to do. We didn't end up getting out to dinner until later in the evening. We went to a famous Ocean City place called Dumser's and I had fried chicken and I got ice cream. And when I say ice cream.. well.. I thought I was getting a normal 2-scoop sundae. This is what they brought me:


This is a gigantic sundae. I asked for chocolate syrup, marshmallow, chocolate chips, and wet nuts. But I expected it to be half this size... so I only ate half of it. It was amazing, but... wow. And they have 3-scoop sundaes!!!

After dinner we played mini golf which was a lot of fun, then retired to the room to watch baseball.

The next morning we stayed in and slept in. My sacroiliac was really acting up but it went away after a while, and we headed back down to the boardwalk to go to the haunted house. It was pretty lame but it was still fun, and only $3. Then we played a game and won a prize for my friend who came to take care of my cats. It's a minion from Despicable Me. She's in love with them and we won her a big one. Teamwork! Then we went to the souvenire shop and got a few little things. Afterwards I drug Andy down to the water. He was not in any way dressed for the occasion, but he wanted a picture in the water. Well I got him as a slightly bigger wave came up and completely destroyed his jeans with sand.



He was not a happy camper until he got home and changed his pants. I had to change mine, too, but I love the ocean too much to care. We went to an all you can eat seafood buffet after this. Andy doesn't eat seafood but went just to be nice so I got my money's worth in crab legs and he... didn't. But he was a sport and I'm grateful. We then played mini golf at a different course. Andy got some good pictures there but I didn't. He sweet-talked us into a second round for free, too. My husband sure can talk. It was a lot of fun, but we made a relatively early evening of it and went back to the condo to watch more baseball and hang out.

I should mention that we spent $75 on candy on this trip. We each bought stuff for work, and we bought fudge for my brother and my parents... but we also bought candy for us. It's amazing, but... well... that's a lot of money on candy. And finally, we brought home a new family pet!


It's a little tough to see, but it's a hermit crab with a superman shell. His name is Clark and I love him.

We made it home around 3 yesterday and managed to unpack everything and I took an amazing nap in my own bed where the pain in my hip is so much less. All in all it was a great weekend, and we're planning on doing it next year during the summer so we can take little one to the beach and hang out with our friends. I can't wait already!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an amazing weekend! I've been trying to figure out what I might be able to eat for dinner without getting sick, and of course the second I saw that sundae, my stomach was like, "I WANT THAT!" Haha =) Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete