Monday, October 24, 2011

Pictures Forthcoming

What a weekend. What an awesome weekend, I should say. We went up to PA on Saturday after A got home from work. We headed straight for Linvilla Orchards, which is one of my favorite places in the world. They have an amazing fresh market with pies, cider, fresh fruits and vegetables, and a bunch of other cool home-made things. They have face painting, a petting zoo, hot donuts, and a huge pumpkin place with TONS of pumpkins, and cool carvings and things. They also have hay rides. Normally we go on the "Autumn Moon" hayride, but they stopped selling tickets early, so we went on the kiddie one to the witch's house, but it was a lot of fun. It wasn't crowded, and we got cider and marshmallows at the end. We went out so everyone but me could have a few drinks afterwards, and that was nice because I love it when A gets to see his friends.

The next day we had breakfast with 2 of his friends, and one of them, a guy, said goodbye to Evangeline and patted my belly. It was cute. She's already got people acknowledging her! Shortly thereafter I went to Carter's with my mother-in-law. Let me just say that I am SO glad I have a good relationship with MIL. We just get along really well, so we spent two hours out shopping for baby girl. And uhm.. Carter's... wow. I've never been into a Carter's store, and I should probably never go back. We were doing some shopping in the baby section in the front of the store for probably 45 minutes. And then I discovered the clearance rack.

I'd been looking online for clothes and found a bunch of cute dresses, but they were all out of stock and not coming back in because we're headed into winter. I was depressed because if baby girl comes in March, she'll only be in winter stuff for a month. Well all of the stuff I wanted was on the Carter's clearance rack. And the clearance stuff was 25% off, AND I had a 25% off coupon. So I got her 2 sleepers, a jumper, a couple of dresses, a couple of rompers, tights, and a few other things for $50. MIL bought even more than I did! So the closet is full of tons of cute baby stuff. And we've made a pact not to buy anything else until after my shower. We did get mostly 6 and 9 months, assuming most people will get me newborn and 3 month, so hopefully we were right with that.

We also went to Baby Supermart, and I got to see one of the bedding sets I liked in person. It's really pretty, but I'm just not sure. My mom doesn't like any of the sets I've picked, and I think I'm going to go with my gut and get the bird one. It's discontinued so I have to move fast.

Tomorrow I get to hear baby girl's heartbeat. I love those appointments and just knowing she's OK in there. 4 more weeks and we'll be at 24 weeks!!! I can't believe it. Before I know it, it will be March and little one will be here with us. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment