Monday, October 17, 2011

A Scare, and Lots of Pee

24 hour urine tests are even less fun when pregnant. Honestly I've been putting the test off since I was about 10 weeks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this test. I'm sure that my protein level is out of control. And I'm scared that they're going to flip out at the OB's office. That they're going to mis-diagnose me with Pre-E soon because my next 24 hour urine might be 500mg higher. It fluctuates like crazy all the time and that's just par for the course for my body.

As I approach 20 weeks I'm starting to get more nervous. I thought the opposite would happen but I can't express how badly I want to be 24 weeks along. I'm mildly terrified that I'll get pre-E way too early, or that something will go wrong. I'm trying to trust in God and know that he's holding me and this baby in his hands.

I had a bit of a scare on Friday because I noticed my underwear was really wet and it seemed to be clear fluid. I called the on-call OB and she told me to empty my bladder then wear a pad for an hour. She said if it was wet it likely wasn't from my bladder. I did this, and it was dry save for one teeny spot I'm 99% sure was pee. So what does this mean? I'm leaking urine like a champ *sigh*. But it's much better than the alternative. I'm still nervous that my fluid is low or I have a leak, but I have the anatomy scan on Wednesday and they should be able to tell.

We're pumped for the ultrasound. A is really excited about the gender. I didn't think he would be so excited but he has said a few things about it that made me laugh. Like "Can they just tell us the gender first so I can pay attention to the rest of what they say?" Lol. He's so funny. We're excited and just hoping and praying all is well. We know God has it all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment