Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Nursery is Finally Coming Along!

Today was nursery day. To be honest, we still had a ton of stuff in there. We never took the desk apart, and we had all the totes in there. My parents came over and A took three of the totes out to the car, and took the desk apart. We've decided to keep it, and will be taking it up to my parents' house to store along with the Christmas stuff which is 3 more totes. They couldn't take all of it, so we just moved a bunch of it to the middle of the room and they painted around it. They didn't really seem to want us to help, so they just painted and Andy moved stuff around and I sat and watched. I didn't get much of a chance to take pictures, but I got a few "before" pictures of the nursery.



As you can see, there's still quite a bit of stuff there, but we really did send a lot home with my parents. The color on the walls is the same color that's in my entire house except my bedroom, and it's kind of terrible. The window in the picture is a mess because the screen they put in doesn't fit the window. It's really old and the dry wall and sealant is falling apart. But we're doing our best since it's a rental and our complex has the WORST maintenance department (the ugly plastic molding they pass off as a baseboard in the bathroom broke. They glued it back together and used their foot to push it back against the wall. The footprint is still there, and the glue came off again. Just one example. Who puts a footprint on someone's house and leaves it there?). Basically, we're ready to get out of here and hoping we have our own house by this time next year.

I will have some "after" pictures of the nursery tomorrow when there's light. We're really happy with the new color.

I was looking through my registries today thinking about how much I'll have to buy if people don't buy more from them. There really is a lot the I actually need to have, and plenty that would just REALLY help me out. And I don't mind doing it. I'm actually excited about it. I just want to know so I can get cracking! I am excited to shop for whatever I want for her without worrying someone else might get it. So don't think I'm complaining. No one owes me anything. I'm just ready to go shopping! Things are finally coming together and I'm so thankful that my parents painted the room. I'm ready to actually put it together. A is bringing the crib in tomorrow, and I have a crib sheet to put on the mattress. We have enough fabric to do a valance and some art work, and it's just the coolest thing to finally have so much. My mom's boss is bringing the changing table to the shower so I'll have that in there as well.

Just a few more days and I'll be 30 weeks, which seems like such a milestone. I'd guess my baby is coming next month, and things are coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment