Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First NST Almost Failure and Shower #2

Today we had our first NST! I felt very sick to my stomach this morning so I didn't eat, and it became very clear very quickly that E was not going to cooperate. The ultrasound took forever, but we did finally get measurements, and my worries were quelled as she's not getting smaller for gestational age, she's getting bigger! She was in the 51st percentile again at 4lb 10 oz! We were also able to confirm again that she's a girl, and that she has hair!! And apparently it's pretty long. She did pass the NST but it took forever because, as I've mentioned, she HATES monitors, and they can't keep her on one for long.. certainly not 20 straight minutes. The nurse had to stand there and hold it on. And she wouldn't move until I ate some crackers, so it took a while anyway, but we finally got out of there. I did talk to the peri, and she prescribed insulin for me to help with the sugars. But she said that with E's size and gestational age, she's not so much worried about her anymore, and now we have to focus on my health. Meaning that if my BP gets high or anything we'll be inducing because E's at a point where she should be pretty healthy. I want her to stay in for 4 more weeks and 2 days just to get her to full term, and from the looks of things we should be able to do so. My BP was fine, and cervix is closed and fluid is great.

A was with me this time, and he kept getting super antsy at the ultrasound. He looked incredibly frustrated and it was starting to upset me a little. We parted ways and I got to work and said hi to my boss. We had a luncheon scheduled for today so she sent me down right away. And when I got there, there were way more people than are in my group... because it was a baby shower!! I was SO shocked I sat down and said I was confused lol. They had to tell me it was a shower for me, and I started looking  around trying to piece it together. And then they brought in A and my mom! A had been frustrated because he knew about the shower and didn't want me to miss it!! Since I work in a government building, people can't just stop by, so it's really cool that my mom got to come see where I work. A has been here for my wedding shower a few years back. And the theme was sea creatures! Check out this AMAZING cake my coworker made:



And another coworker made the cupcakes with sea colors and sea animals in them! Isn't this the coolest? And there were centerpieces, too. The picture is a bit blurry but it's a mini goldfish bowl with little goldfish in it!!


And various colors of these were hanging.


Plus they got me the baskets from my registry (mystery solved!) filled with tons of stuff like diapers, wipes, and bath toys, and some other "mom-approved" things like a frozen treat feeder for when they're teething. and a gift card to BRU so I can get the swing! AHHHH! I mean it was really so cool that they did all that for us. And A's work shower is on Friday!!! It's also a surprise so it will be so cool to surprise him since he's gotten me twice. And I've been SO good about not letting him in on it. He might expect something, but he won't expect me!

All in all, it's been sort of an awesome day, and I hope that continues. I get to go home to A and hang out and go through some baby stuff and watch tv and organize. It should be so nice. And Friday I get another NST. Plus I found out I have ultrasounds every time I'm at the MFM's to check fluid so I get to see my baby girl all the time! I'm so incredibly fortunate to have so many people to love my little girl, and that with all my health problems she's growing perfectly and looking great. I couldn't ask for more.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your NST worked out--and that you made it to your baby shower in time! Such a great surprise =) I'm so happy that you and E are both doing well. You've certainly beaten the odds!

    Also, thanks for your comments on my blog. They're so encouraging, and it really means a lot to me =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything looks good! What an adorable baby shower! I love that cake and those cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete