Friday, January 20, 2012

Things Are Looking Good!

I finally got a chance to look at the nursery now that the carpets are dry. We don't have the furniture placed where we want it yet, but I took some pictures just because it's so cool to see it empty of all the crap and starting to look like a baby's room.

This is the wall the crib is going to go on. I just love seeing the floor empty!


This is from inside the room looking at the door and closet. The bookcase still needs to be painted, but we finally got the lamp hooked up so I can turn the light on by the switch! Yay! Most of the stuff on the shelf is actually books, and we have an entire box from when I was a kid to put on there as well.


This is the changing table and the crib all put together. They're just gorgeous. You can't see it well but the sheet and dust ruffle my mom made are on there. They look awesome with the wall color. I'll take a better picture of that later, too when the bumpers are in (no, I'm not using bumpers when she's little, but I like the complete look). There are a few things on the changing table I need to take back, but it's definitely looking better.


Just another view. My dad put up the curtain rod, so as soon as my mom finishes the valance that will go up and we'll get a shade to put in there. It's weird how small the room looks in the pictures. It feels pretty big when I'm in it.


And this is our room. It's overflowing with toys and other baby things. Everything else is stuff A and I never put away. We need to do this before Evangeline is born, too. We need to fit a bassinet in here and we need to get as much clutter out as possible.


This is still our room, complete with laundry basket that has nowhere else to go. I'm really hoping to find a new place for that. And her little rocking chair, which will be relocating back to her room shortly.


And finally, my latest belly pic. This is actually from a few days ago.


So the to-do list now consists of putting her furniture where it needs to go (and picking up the dresser), putting up shelves and organizing her room, putting up the artwork, putting together the Pack n play and bassinet, moving a dresser out of our room, moving a desk into our room, organizing our room, and organizing the pantry to make room for stuff that's out in the kitchen so we can fit bottles somewhere.

That's not much, right? And I still need to buy her swing, which I want here and ready for when we come home. Her baby book came, and it's absolutely gorgeous - even better than I thought - but the binding is coming apart so it has to go back. I hope we get the new one soon. I also got her coming home outfit and these adorable burp cloths, which, surprisingly, I had none of at all!


I've been following the gestational diabetes diet for a few days now and it's not doing much. My sugars are still high. They're not astronomical or anything, but I have so many risk factors I need to talk to the doctor about my numbers. I see MFM on Tuesday and I'm nervous. I want to know how big E is and I'm not sure if I'm getting a growth scan or not. Either way, the closer I get to delivery the more I fear the dread "bed rest". Especially with how crappy I've been feeling. I just have to see what she says but I hope everything looks good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment