Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ow

I hope this post doesn't rub everyone the wrong way, but I have to say this. I am so ready for this baby to come out. As in.. I wish I could miraculously be full term and she's come out. Or... I wish I could give birth today and she'd be 100% healthy. I don't know that I have ever experienced such pain for such a prolonged time in my life. Whether it's SI or sciatica, it's awful, and there are times I just want to carve out my hip joint and put in a mechanical one. Right now would be one of those times. I just got stopped 4 times on the way back from the cafeteria by well-wishers and those who wanted to help me. I stopped every few steps, wincing and holding back tears. I wish I could say I was exaggerating, but this is what the word excruciating means to me. I'm ready to cry walking down the hallway and scared to pee because it hurts so much to sit on a toilet. I don't think I have a really low pain tolerenace, and I almost wish someone could hop into my body for a few minutes to tell me if I'm being a big baby or not.

A is coming to the OB with me today and we're going to talk to him about it. I cannot live with this pain for 6 more weeks. And for the last few days I've been getting awful stomach cramps, pain under my right ribs (where I'm supposed to call about if it happens, but I didn't since I see him today anyway) and I threw up this morning.

I hate, HATE complaining because I am SO lucky to be pregnant and expecting this beautiful little bundle. But no one should have to go through this much pain. I hope something can be done to help. I can't take the walk in from the parking lot, which took me a good ten minutes this morning. I can't do a damn thing to help my AMAZING husband who is doing everything around the house. And than God for my wonderful parents for doing the painting and steam cleaning in the nursery. I'm so glad and thankful to have such a support system. I just need to speed up the next 6 weeks or I'm going to fall apart.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry :( Pain is pain, and while I know you're incredibly grateful to be pregnant, I don't think anyone would expect you to be grateful for being in pain! I hope you get some answers today. Thinking of you~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are in pain :( I hope your OB can help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try a massage therapist. They can help with SI pain! and if not at least you will feel nice and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete