Monday, January 23, 2012

32 Week 4 Day Survey

How far along? 32 weeks, 4 days

Next Appointment: My first NST is tomorrow!

Weight gain/loss: 16 pounds as of my last appointment. I thought I was up to 20, but then I got on the scale with my shoes on, which I never do, and it still went down 3.

Maternity clothes? Definitely in maternity clothes, and they're getting tight. Some days I look at my belly and I feel like it has grown a ton overnight.

Stretch marks? Yes

Sleep? Sleep is awful. Last night I fell asleep at 7 (yes, 7!) and woke up at 11 and was up until 2. My bed is comfortable but it hurts so much to turn over in the middle of the night. It's like the ligaments that hold up my ute are just not handling it anymore. And I get up to pee a few times so I can't avoid it. I try to sleep in the recliner but it's not as comfortable. It hurts less, though, so I don't know what to do at this point.

Best moment this week? Last night for sure. I was having trouble falling back asleep because E was so active. So A offered to come over and try to calm her down. He started rubbing my belly and telling her jokes and she pressed up against his hand. He yelled "OH MY GOD!" and jumped up, and then put his hand down again and she did it again. He'd thought he felt her once before, but he didn't, so this was the first time he really felt her move. He got really choked up and just kept saying how much he loves her. Such an amazing moment.

Food cravings: Everything. I'm trying to stick to the GD diet. I did well the first few days but not so much the last two. I need to talk to the peri tomorrow because it wasn't getting my numbers down.

Odd pregnancy symptom of the week: Serious cramps. They've been coming and going all day today. And I've been getting a lot of stomach cramps, too. I guess my body is preparing, but it definitely hurts.

Gender: Girl

Belly button in or out? Part of it is popping out. I HATE it. But, it's still in, really.

Movement? Oh yeah. She's crazy. She's particularly active at night, and just this week started making it tough to sleep.

What I miss? Good sleep, not being in pain, and feeling stable emotionally.

What I'm looking forward to: 34 weeks, and my next ultrasound. And giving birth! My mom took one look at me the other day and said "You won't go another month".

Weekly wisdom: Apparently your pediatrician comes to the hospital to check out your newborn. I had no idea this was the case until I took the birthing class. So I kind of need to get a pediatrician.

Milestones: I don't know if I've hit any. It's a pretty big one to see her movement all the time. It's nice to hit 32 weeks, which is a point where a lot of hospitals with lower level NICUs will let you keep the baby there. Mine has a level 3 anyway, but.. still.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful moment when A felt her move! I hope you can get some sleep before she gets here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime when the baby moves, I would call my husband over and said she is moving like crazy, but whenever he put his hands on my belly, baby seems to clam down and the husband is disappointed.

    ReplyDelete