Saturday, January 14, 2012

One Day I'll Finish the Nursery

I can't believe I've actually made some progress. I spent part of today going through everything from the shower and getting rid of all the bags and paper. There's a lot more room in the nursery now. My parents are coming up on Monday to steam clean (they absolutely would NOT let me do it!) so I had to get as much out of there as possible. A is going to bring the desk downstairs so they can take it with the when they leave. I already moved some of the totes to my closet, and the pack n play and bassinet are still in boxes and will sit in the closet for now. Thankfully we have a huge closet in that room. We'll throw the mattress in there for now, too, so they'll be able to get to the entire room. We still have a ton of things left to do before E arrives, though, so A and my dad are going to come together one day and put together the crib and hang the new curtain rod and paint the bookshelf. And I ordered the dresser today! I found a 20% off nursery furniture coupon in my email so It was originally $269.99 and I got it for $232 including tax. Or something like that. Plus, they let me return my extra play gym and I got $55 for it, so I feel like I really cleaned up getting this dresser!

It's supposed to come next week, so I can put it together and start organizing. Right now I have no place for all the blankets and towels and onesies and things. A said he'd make sure they got it all done by around 02/01, which should give me time to get it all straightened out in there.

I bought some size 1 diapers today and some extra wipes. I don't know how long she'll be in newborns. Probably longer than the 96 I have, but she might surprise me and be big, so I wanted to have size 1s on hand, too. I was given a tub of 60 something wipes at the shower, and I realized that if babies go through 8-10 diaper changes a day, that'll barely get us through a week, so I got a bunch more. I know I could have A go out and get some if we need them, but we're all going to be tired so I figured it would be easier to just have it on hand.

I'm so excited that I feel like as long as she stays in just a bit longer we might actually have things set up for her. The next thing we have to do is move the dresser and then put the other desk up there so we can set up the pack n play, but that means first organizing all the crap in our room. And there's a lot of crap. Boxes still out from when we moved in 2 years ago. Have I mentioned that we need a bigger house? So I'm going to try to work on that on Monday while my parents are steam cleaning and A is at work. I really have no idea where it will go, but the room needs to be cleaned if we're going to have a bassinet in there.

So in other words, I still have a ton of stuff to do, and I'm hoping to get as much of it done as possible this weekend, but tomorrow is the Raven's playoff game, and I'm going out to watch it. But at least we're close. At least all the furniture is ordered. Except the rocking chair. A didn't know I had a glider on the registry and decided by himself he wanted to get me a rocking chair. I told him that's fine, but I really need padding since I'll be recovering from either a C-Section or pushing a baby out of my lady parts. He's working on it with my mom and it's just so sweet. Plus one less thing we have to buy (I still need my swing!).

So far no signs of baby girl coming early, and I start NSTs the week after next. Our birthing class is next Sunday and that should be really neat. Less than 7 weeks now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment