Friday, January 27, 2012

Ups and Downs

Today was filled mostly with insanity. I've known for a while that A's work was planning to give him a baby shower and that I was going to head to his work around 11:30. Unfortunately it's 45 minutes away and I had an NST at 2:30, so I had to "flex" out of work. This meant getting up at 5:45 this morning. Thank God I work from home on Fridays, so I fell asleep in the recliner, woke up and plugged in the laptop and was ready to go. I left at 11:30 ish but I had to get gas and something to eat and I got to A's work about 12:20. I'd never met any of his co workers but they were so nice and it was cool to see where he works! They'd sent him out to get some food for their "pot luck". He actually called me on the way back to the building!! I answered and pretended I was home and asked if he'd be working late. I hid in the cubicle next to his so I heard him and how surprised he was when he saw his decorated cubicle, and then they told him the person in the next cube was having a problem he should check out, and he peeked over and it was me! He was so surprised and SO happy. It was awesome. They had a ton of great food and O M G they got us SO many presents. We got over 100 diapers (Size 3 - so now we have N-3!), 640 wipes (miraculously all the brands I actually wanted, too!), a really sweet little baseball figurine with a bear and a rabbit playing baseball (we're HUGE fans), a HIGH CHAIR, a couple of absolutely adorable outfits (I'm not a fan of animal prints but one is a zebra and has little ears and a mane lol), and a basket filled with clothes, a blanket, toys, baby lotion and soap, baby cereal, etc. I mean it was AMAZING. I can't believe they got us a high chair. It's a great pattern, and it's a space saver one that straps on to an existing chair, which is perfect for our tiny dining room. We were both just kind of taken aback by their generosity. I'm actually sitting here looking at the pile of gifts and it just gets me all worked up.

I'm picking up the dresser tomorrow (well, some manly retail guy will be doing the actual lifting) so I can finally get organized. Most of the big stuff on the list will be done by next weekend. I think I only have a few more weeks (which I will explain later) before E is born, so it'll be nice to have things ready. I'm washing her clothes tomorrow, we're hanging shelves soon, and making room for the pack n play. I'm ordering the swing this weekend so aside from little things, the only thing we really need is the baby monitor! I do want an ergo carrier, but I might get something cheaper depending.

After the shower I headed to my appointment, which really, really sucked. I didn't get to see my regular doctor, and though the other doctor was nice, I felt like she sort of... made a little too light of my situation. First and foremost, I'm wearing pretty much the same outfit as last week, and I gained 8 pounds. In 10 days!!! And my BP was 138/94. My ankles are super swollen, but she said it "isn't too bad". She also said my bp was better because it was 138 (despite my regular doctor specifically telling my the diastolic was more important). She said 94 was par for the course for me pre pregnancy and that's just not the case. 84 maybe. Not 94. And she said nothing of the 8 pound gain. Evie failed her NST, but passed her biophysical profile with flying colors, so she's OK. But the NST was awful because they could only get her heartbeat if I was flat on my back, which hurt and made me extremely nauseous. It was a long appointment, and while I've spent most of my pregnancy being nervous that they'd call Pre-E too quickly when it was actually my kidneys, I was nervous today that they were under-valuing the issues at hand.

There isn't much I can do about it, so I'm going to talk to MFM on Tuesday about my concerns, and I see my regular doc on Friday. I think 2 or 3 more weeks is going to be where we end up, which isn't so bad. It gives me time to finish everything up, keep working, and growing a healthy little one.

I'm pretty back and forth as far as emotions go, and I'm excited to get some things done tomorrow and to spend some time with my family and relax. I really need to pack that darn hospital bag.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't get to this post until now. Are you okay? I'm hoping that the doctor was right and there was nothing to worry about, but I hope you've gotten more answers in the meantime. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete